- 889 takes title/ownership of products to remove risk from our clients.
- Our multi-lingual team provides on-the-ground inspection and quality control in China.
- We provide logistics management, including import/export documentation, customs brokerage and transportation from Asia to clients’ locations.
- Clients are assigned a multi-lingual project manager, based in the U.S., who ensures goods are manufactured to their exact specifications and are delivered on time.
- 889’s extensive contacts throughout China provide our clients with the unique ability to manage risk by working with trusted, quality manufacturers.
Quality Assurance for China Manufacturing
“Some parts took a little longer to receive quotes – this was due to 889 not being satisfied with some that were received, and continued to search for new suppliers that could meet our requirements.”
We don't always source from the supplier with the cheapest quote. We have a reputation for quality products and our 889 team of floor inspectors in China ensure that we are ordering products from suppliers with quality products and quality practices. In fact, we have part-ownership of several factories in China that we supervise firsthand.
For products and manufacturing capabilities we are experienced with, we have a large spectrum of manufacturers we have already qualified and with whom we regularly communicate about orders. Prospective suppliers must meet or exceed our minimum qualifications:
• Financial Stability
• Established Business - Should have been in business for at least three years, and should be able to provide references from customers.
• Delivery Schedules - Must meet delivery schedules. Delivery may be to client's warehouses, job-sites or other specified locations.
• Competitive Pricing - Prices offered for products and services must be competitive within the industry. We expect pricing and discounts to be equal to or better than those given to other customers with a comparable volume of business.
• Quality Program - We rate our suppliers by tracking their performance to ensure that the products we purchase are reliable and of the highest quality.
• Quality Control within Manufacturing Facility - Suppliers must be able to demonstrate their quality control programs. They should implement QC methods such as statistical quality control to ensure quality of products and services.
• Quality Certifications – We always ask for copies of our manufacturers’ quality certifications issued by quality, environmental, and safety institutions, such as ISO and FDA, to benchmark quality standards.
• Technical Capabilities and Improvement – Manufacturers must own machinery necessary for production of target goods and should have a research and development program to continually improve their products and incorporate new technology. These improvements ensure maximization of our collective resources.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and therefore work with only well-established manufacturers that meet the above requirements and make top-notch, quality products.
Quality Control of Products
889 Global Solutions has developed effective management and control systems to ensure the integrity of service is not compromised in any way. Quality is an essential ingredient of our overall business philosophy.
889’s dedicated team members in China are involved in every step of production, starting with raw material certification checks, inspections, and meetings with the engineers who will be making the products, continuing with inspections and sampling during production, and ending with post-production inspection before goods leave the factory floor. Our team in China checks everything from material composition to dimensions and tolerances.
After the production process, we inspect the appearance, quality, and safety of all final products in the pre-shipment inspection and supervise the loading process by recording relevant information such as arrival time of container, the condition of the outer packaging, and performing random sampling of the products. 889 Global Solutions has a supply management program that relieves purchasing departments of the aggravation of managing orders once they are placed.
In pursuit of superior quality and the assurance of maintaining that quality, we have access to a large number of third party testing agencies.
-Inspection and Sampling Process
-Plant Audit & Inspection
• Manufacturer's identification & background
• Production capability
• Machinery, facilities & equipment
• Manufacturing process & production lines
• In-house quality control system such as testing & inspection
• Management system & capability
-Pre-production inspection and sampling
• Factory's production lines & capability
• Factory's facilities & equipment
• Raw materials, main components and accessories
• Chemical compositions & mechanical properties analysis
• Semi-finished products
• Some finished products
-Post-production inspection and sampling prior to leaving the manufacturing floor
Communication with Clients
We believe that honesty is the best policy. Just as we demand honesty from our manufacturers, we know that our clients expect us to keep them abreast with up-to-date information on their orders.
Throughout the entire quality inspection and control process, we communicate regularly with clients to relay information, samples, and pictures for approval before, during, and after production. We also send copies of quality certifications and material and safety test results. When it comes time to ship, we keep clients informed of the location and status of the shipment and communicate with clients to arrange delivery.
At 889 Global Solutions, we are continuously working to improve our products and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our clients.